Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Action required for murdered, missing women
Vivian Tucarro (centre) with son Billy Joe get comfort from event organizer April Eve Wiberg as the family remembered Amber Tuccaro at the Sisters in Spirit rally and Stolen Sisters Awareness Walk in Edmonton on Oct. 6. Amber went missing August 2010. Her body was found east of Leduc almost two years later on Sept. 1. The family’s plea for action, both to prevent violence and to get closure for the families of the hundreds of missing and murdered Aboriginal women, was joined by Assembly of First Nations National Chief Shawn Atleo, who was in attendance, along with federal, provincial and municipal politicians.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- July Windspeaker - June 24
- July Raven's Eye - June 24
- July Saskatchewan Sage - June 24
- July Alberta Sweetgrass - July 8
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal