Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Lead author to review report on oilsands development
Steve Hrudey, the lead author of a Royal Society of Canada report about oilsands development in Alberta, has agreed to review the study following criticism it was plagued with errors and overlooked environmental and health impacts of the industry’s operations. The study was released in December 2010 and has been used by industry and government officials to refute health and cancer concerns noted by First Nations communities living downstream of oilsands development. Hrudey agreed to the review after Alberta scientist Kevin Timoney critiqued one chapter of the review and said authors used outdated research, misreported data and downplayed the potential of contaminants.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- July Windspeaker - June 24
- July Raven's Eye - June 24
- July Saskatchewan Sage - June 24
- July Alberta Sweetgrass - July 8
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal