Share this with friends
Publisher's Statement - Bert Crowfoot
Oki! Welcome to Buffalo Spirit.
The creation of Buffalo Spirit has been an interesting and fulfilling one. It's been about a journey; a journey of self-discovery of one's cultural and spiritual roots. My journey has taken me from southern Alberta (Ruth Brass), through the interior of British Columbia (Mary Thomas) and on to Vancouver Island (Chief Adam Dyck).
I also spent time on the Navaho reservation in Arizona and attended the Gathering of Nation's powwow in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I had the opportunity to speak with a number of Elders and have presented their thoughts and concerns in this issue.
Although the Elders I spoke to were from various parts of the country, they all seemed to have the same concerns, concerns about the blending of spiritual and ceremonial components from various tribes to form new ceremonies.
Check out this link to watch our Buffalo Spirit videos...
May the Great Spirit be with you!
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friendsPinterest
- Truth and Reconcilliation Commission Final Event and Recommendations
- 2015 Community Events Calendar
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- February Windspeaker - Feb. 1
- February Raven's Eye - Feb. 1
- February Saskatchewan Sage - Feb. 1
- February Ontario Birchbark - Feb. 1
- February Alberta Sweetgrass - Feb. 1
- Download AMMSA media kits for:
* Windspeaker - National
* CFWE-FM - Alberta Radio Network
* Alberta Sweetgrass - Alberta
* SK Sage - BC Raven's Eye - ON Birchbark
- Advertising online: www.ammsa.com
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker or Sweetgrass digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker or Sweetgrass print subscription
- Make a donation to assist Windspeaker via gofundme