Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Graduates to start work alongside police officers
The graduation ceremony for 32 new graduates of the RCMP’s 2012 Aboriginal Pre-Cadet Training Program took place on June 1 at RCMP Academy (Depot) Regina. The APTP offers Canadian Aboriginals aged 19 – 29 the opportunity to experience daily police work with the RCMP. Training includes collaborative problem-solving skills, law enforcement techniques, public speaking and cultural diversity. After successful completion of the course, candidates are posted to an RCMP detachment in or near their home community where they work with police officers for 14 weeks. Activities and duties vary depending on the need of the detachment but include crime prevention and community policing initiatives.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- June Windspeaker - May 27
- June Raven's Eye - May 27
- June Saskatchewan Sage - May 27
- June Alberta Sweetgrass - June 10
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal