Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Supporter of FNUC recognized with award
Prince Albert mayor Jim Scarrow was recognized recently for his support of the First Nations University of Canada during a trying time in its history. More than 100 dignitaries, students, academics and community members turned out to watch Scarrow receive the second-ever University of Regina’s President’s Community Award—and the first awarded to a person. U of R president Vianne Timmons said the mayor was chosen for his tireless support of the university when funding was jeopardized. “There were many voices, and his voice in particular said First Nations University is an important institution to this province, and an important institution to the Prince Albert community,” she said. FNUC is an integrated college of U of R.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- July Windspeaker - June 24
- July Raven's Eye - June 24
- July Saskatchewan Sage - June 24
- July Alberta Sweetgrass - July 8
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal