Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
On Earth Hour it was "lights out" for Senator Brazeau
March 31 - Globe and Mail
A surprising victory was won Saturday night in an Ottawa boxing ring when MP Justin Trudeau beat his opponent Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau.
By most accounts Senator Brazeau was favoured to win the bout.
But although Brazeau came out strong in the first round of the Olympic-style match on Saturday, he appeared to tire quickly. By the second round, Trudeau was able to extend his reach and get several hits in to Mr. Brazeau and had him on the ropes. The referee stopped the match in favour of Trudeau during the third round.
“I had a gameplan that I was going to stick to, I knew that he was going to come in heavy and hard right off the bat,” Trudeau said soon after his win. “But I also knew that I was going to be able to take anything he threw at me and when he did, he emptied himself out.”
The senator weighs 183 lbs (83 kilograms), and Trudeau is a bit taller and weighs 180 lbs (81.6 kilograms). Brazeau, who has a black belt in karate and served in the Canadian Forces, admitted that he may have got ahead of himself.
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friendsPinterest
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- Indian Country Community Events Listings
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- May Windspeaker - April 29
- May Raven's Eye - April 29
- May Saskatchewan Sage - April 29
- May Alberta Sweetgrass - May 13
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal