Check out our Aboriginal Job Board!
Powwow Country: Cariboo Chilcotin Jetboat Adventures, Cariboo Chilcotin region
Cariboo Chilcotin Jetboat Adventures, Cariboo Chilcotin region
Travelling up and down the Fraser, B.C.’s largest river on the highly maneuverable jetboat is an exciting way to experience wildlife and spectacular scenery while hearing traditional Chilcotin/Shushwap stories of the culture and history of the “River People” of B.C.’s Cariboo Chilcotin region. First Nations owned and operated, Cariboo Chilcotin Jetboat Adventures at Riske Creek, offers a number of jet boat tours of the Fraser, Chilcotin and Chilko rivers, west of Williams Lake from April to September. Experiences in “dip netting,” visits to traditional villages, pit houses, and archaeological sites, ancient pictographs and petroglyphs are a few of the highlights of the tours. Four-by-four van tours through the region may be combined with the jetboat tours to include wilderness river activities. Family friendly day tours, overnight camping or multi-day trips can be customized or visitors can stay at one of the many lodges or guest ranches in the area. Other experiences include interpretive talks, traditional foods and white water adventures. Cariboo Chilcotin Jetboat Adventures also provide photo tours, cycling tours, wildlife tours, fish monitoring and film settings.
For more information, check out:
- Community Access
- Contact Us
- Our History
- Archives Search
- In Depth
Share this with friends
- The #IdleNoMore Movement
- Relationship between Canada's Justice System and Aboriginal People
- 2013 Guide to Powwow Country Events Calendar
- Play Radio Bingo to win!
- CFWE-FM Alberta Radio Network
- Buffalo Spirit Foundation
- Western Association of Aboriginal Broadcasters (WAAB)
- July Windspeaker - June 24
- July Raven's Eye - June 24
- July Saskatchewan Sage - June 24
- July Alberta Sweetgrass - July 8
- Download 2013 AMMSA media kits for:
* Sage - Raven's Eye - Birchbark
- Online advertising on www.ammsa.com.
Subscribe & Donate
- Order a Windspeaker digital subscription
- Order a Windspeaker print subscription
- Support independent, Indigenous media in Canada by making a donation via paypal